Here in Camden County there is a saying "If you don't like the weather wait a minute it will change." The same can be said about our elected officials here.
Let's start with the school board:
- Every year we hear from teachers we need more parents to get involved. (I agree teachers) But the board would prefer you be silent when getting involved. Don't speak out against possible problems, because you might hurt someones feelings. (poor baby)
- This year Mr. Rowland ran a campaign on open meetings. ( now you must sign up and if Ann thinks that the board should hear you than you can speak. I am sure that is how our founding fathers would want it.)
- There is no law requiring any part of a meeting to be closed, yet the board will tell you they are required by law to close a meeting. ( the law states that you MAY (not required) close a meeting, that means it is your own personal choice and you personally choose to close these meetings no law is making you do this)
Now on to the Commissioners:
- They tore Sandy Feller a new one because someone put a link to porn on his site. (He had no idea it was there.) Charlene Sears comments on my background (on this blog), that she should know nothing about, (makes you wonder how she got it) and not a single commissioner says a word. In fact I think they all approve of this practice.
- Know when to do a background check. (Amazingly, they will do a background check on a private citizen, but not when required for employment. (Ms. Woodward hired under the Smith-Sears Friends and Family Act of 2007.)
And lastly the Sheriff:
- I don't think there is enough room on the Internet for this one. You all know what kind of Sheriff we have. Some like an unethical Sheriff and other do not. (It is nice to know that his old campaign still supports him, why not he gave their son a job. (Hired under the Smith-Sears Friends and Family Act of 2007 or maybe an earlier version of this same act)
- Notice how quiet it is again in Woodbine. I wonder what will happen next.
- Will we hear the whole story on the trusty that stole the money. Remember Charlene Sears said that she would love to comment more, but could not because of her position in the Sheriff's Office. ( What have we not been told?, Who called the news?, Why did we not hear about this for a week?)
- Lies and cover ups that is why he is not a good Sheriff.
In an open government we would not have these problems. All information will be out on the table for the citizens to review. The term "no comment"(also not required by law, your own personal choice of words) would be a thing of the past. Only the people of this county can change this government. Let's stand up and demand liberty and justice for all, not just Friends and Family.